Landed up in an accident? You might have many questions that are bubbling up in your mind, which is absolutely normal. People have vague to no knowledge about personal injuries, and it is only when they are in a situation where they will need help they search for the answers. This article aims to answer all your questions and form a basic idea about personal injury. And if you are here for help from a lawyer, then ask a personal injury lawyer in LA.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is the process of a personal injury claim?
A personal injury claim starts as soon as you file a petition after being involved in an accident. After the petition, the court issues a summons, and the whole process begins. You can ask for compensation from the defendant’s party and settle the case amicably outside the courtroom. But if they do not agree, you can file a lawsuit against them.
- What shall I do after a personal injury?
- Click pictures of the spot and injuries
- Seek medical attention (you are suggested to see a doctor even if your injuries are minimal)
- Abide by your doctor’s advice.
- Note down all the details of the incident as soon as you can.
- Collect all the information for the witness and evidence.
- Talk to an attorney and do as they say.
- Will my case see the courtroom?
In most personal injury cases, the matter is solved outside the courtroom with the lawyer’s help. But suppose the defendant does not agree to compensate your losses. In that case, you have the option of filing litigation against them.
- What are the consequences if I was partially faulty in the accident?
Being partially faulty for an accident also allows getting compensation from the defendant. If you have a small role concerning the fault made, then you have the chance of receiving a proportional share. However, it is suggested that you do not admit your fault and let the lawyer handle the matter.
- How to select the best personal injury lawyer?
There are certain factors that you must keep in mind while you are deciding to hire a personal injury lawyer:
- Communication skills
- Past records
- Is it an individual lawyer or a law firm
- Fee structure
Hope all your queries will find their destination here. For more, you can talk to a legal adviser.